Thursday, February 02, 2006

Mmaphula CJSS!

Many of you know that I am working as a guidance and counseling teacher at Mmaphula CJSS! So far I am really enjoying teaching (except for the early classes...however, my earliest at 7:00am was changed from to 12:25pm from now on...praise God!)
This week I got a teaching partner...a Motswana guy named Tshepiso. He is a tremendous asset to the class. In addition to being a wonderful teacher and an amazing example for the students, he can tell when the students aren't understanding my English and help them to understand the points in Setswana. He has also been helping me understand culture better and will call me out if I'm doing something wrong. It's been great so far.
This is a picture of my school! You can pray for the students here, especially as we begin counseling some of them individually this week.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey darlin its Erica, i miss you bunches and i hope you are doing well, looks like apretty cool place hope things are fine and u are adapting soon, im trying to come up and see the family soon, but idk how well that will work lol i told matt he had to come see me ... but its time for me to do homework now..{school = :-/ boo lol}

love you cuz! we are praying for you!

Erica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home