Friday, October 26, 2007

Goodbyes!

This past week was a week of goodbyes. In Batswana culture it's polite to go around and visit people at their homes and say goodbye so Kelly and I spent our week visiting different friends everyday. Here are some pictures from our visits.

These are two of the girls, Bame and Shannon, from a youth group that Kelly started at a private school in Palapye. Working with the private school girls was at times like working with American teens again. Haha.

This is Thato. She's our friend that runs a guest house called the Secret Place. If any of you ever visit Palapye, the Secret Place is the place to stay.
This is T-Boy (my left) and his brother Hendrick. T-Boy is the most clever student I have ever met and he knows his Bible so well. When I first came to Botswana, T-Boy was like 6 inches shorter than me! It has been so exciting to see him grow both physically and in his faith!
This is my friend Pere and her family. Pere is such a servant to the church and to others!
This is Neo. Neo loves to write songs and sing. Together we worked to record an album of her songs so she can sing at church and other community events!


This is Leslie and Baikganetsi's family. Leslie (holding the baby) is currently taking his exams to see if he is eligible to go on to university!
Kelly with Maipelo's family. Maipelo is one of Kelly's former students and her mother Sally used to clean for us.

Gofaone and I pose in front of her mother's decorated yard. Gofaone has been very active in the church over the past 2 years and is a good friend.

Cecilia and me. Cecilia recently got a new job! She also in charge of training new members of Operation HIV. She's super busy!
I am going to miss all these special friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home